Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection
Nowadays, we are living in the era of computer, internet and technology and so we are constantly moving with them in the society. In fact, nearly two third of people in the world are using the internet for their variety of purposes. However, they use the internet through the different kinds of devices like the personal computer, desktop computer, smart phones, tablets and more. They use the internet for shopping, trading and more. In this way, the internet becomes one of the necessities for the people in the present days. So, it is quite difficult to be without internet even an hour. However, most of the devices may malfunction in sometimes with the disconnected network. It is quite an irritating situation that makes your mood out. These internet connection problems are occurring due to some issues and so you need to troubleshoot it for getting the smooth connectivity. Let’s see the ways to troubleshoot the network and the internet connection in the best way.
Diagnosing the wireless router’s problems
When you have problems with your wireless router and do not provide the access to the internet, you can solve it by troubleshooting. This can help to fix the problems in your modem or the router for providing the affordable and best internet service. Now, you will see how to troubleshoot your wireless routers.
- In most of the cases, the wireless may be malfunctioning with it is used continuously. Therefore, it is better to reboot your router, when the connection is dropped. In fact, most of the router can work well, when it is occasionally rebooted. However, this process is very simple. You need to unplug the power cable from the router, wait for some seconds and then you can plug it to use.
- The reason for the wireless router is the overheating problems. Of course, the wireless router may also get overheated when it is used continuously. However, this heat can damage the router and become unstable. So, you need to check the temperature of your router frequently. If it is hot, you need to make sure for the air flow for the router.
- In addition to that, it is better to check whether the cables of the routers are securely connected. This is because that there is a chance to pull out the cable accidently by you. Therefore, you need to check the power cables to the router and modem, modem and the wall socket and Ethernet cables to your computer.
- When you are having the trouble in accessing the range of the wifi signal, you can replace it anywhere else where you can get the best connection. It is also better to ensure that nothing like the large metal can block the wireless signal.
- Additionally, you can also change the wifi channel and restore the factory settings when you have the problems with your wireless router.
How to troubleshoot your internet connection?
In some cases, it is like a puzzle for your problems of your internet connection, even the wireless router is properly functioning. However, this problem can also be solved when you have followed these things.
- The Ping test is one of the most affordable things to check the connection of the network is proper. This test can be easily done through the command prompt of your Windows operating system. In the command prompt, you need to type as Ping with your IP address of the site that you want to ping. However, it is also better to provide the site name like as Ping Google.com.
- In some cases, your router may also have the problem in connecting the network and so you need to check its connection, power cables to verify.
- It is better to change the channel frequency of the wireless router, when it is not connected to the network. In fact, the router can use any one of the 14 channels or the frequencies for sending and receiving the data. If the current channel is getting the issues in connecting the internet, then you can change these channels to improve your connection status.
- If you have a low amount of Wi-Fi signal strength, then you may definitely get the internet connection problems. This problem has mostly happened when you have used the wireless router from one room to another. So, it is better to use the extender to strengthen the signal in the highly effective way.
- It is also essential to check whether your personal computer, smart phone or the tablets are configured correctly. For this purpose, you need to make sure you have provided the right IP address and the authentication details of the router. It is important to use the ip address like 192.168.1.254 and it can used to configure the router when it is not connected to the internet.
Thus, you can troubleshoot the wireless routers and the internet connection when it gets the problems.
About the author:
Hi, my name is Masha and I am is passionate about technology, internet marketing and I am writer who writes on computer technology questions like router settings, computer security, ip address and many more questions about computer problems. Check this site 1921681254ip.com to find all information about 192.168.1.254 IP Address.