How to root Samsung galaxy S3 for Jellybean 4.2.1?
Samsung galaxy S3 usually come with Android 4.1.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) as far as Asian market is concerned. Want to upgrade Samsung galaxy S3 for jellybean 4.2.1? In the article below you will find the steps to be followed.
Let’s have a quick look at firmware Jellybean 4.2.1 features.
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT JELLYBEAN 4.2.1 FIRMWARE?
- Theme engine
- Quiet hours
- Notification shade wallpaper changer (+ transparency)
- Lock screen wallpaper changer
- Volume wake
- Ringer settings silent/vibrate (phone face down, headphones, Bluetooth)
- Lock screen weather
- Brightness control slider
- Performance/colour settings
- Added device (colour) settings to Maguro
….. And many more
Procedure to root Samsung galaxy S3 for Jellybean 4.2.1
- Take back up of all the data present in the phone memory (SMS, contacts, call logs, images, videos, songs, files, MMS & APN settings). There are various applications available for the above mentioned tasks. You may find them on Google PLAY. E.g. for SMS- SMS backup and restore app, for contacts- synchronize with google app.
- Download Jellybean 4.2 firmware package to your personal computing device. After that connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to computing device with the original USB cable and transfer the firmware zip file to the SD card.
- Now, disconnect the Smartphone and enter the Smartphone in recovery mode (with the help of ROM manager app and that also can be downloaded from Google PLAY).
- Now, in recovery mode select “install zip from SD card” and select Jellybean 4.2 which you have just transferred to SD card.
- Once the file has been selected it will take 4-5 minutes. After the firmware is updated successfully, just select, “go back” and then “reboot system now”.
- That’s it. Now, to confirm if the firmware is updated or not, use the following path. “Settings > about phone”. Hopefully you will see the current firmware as jellybean 4.2 firmware version.
- Ensure that your phone will have more than 50% battery.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted. (To check use Root checker app)
Note: – Following a rare scenario, if your phone does not boot up or show the home screen, remove the battery, reinsert it and then try to reboot in normal mode.
After successful reboot, just enjoy the special features of android jellybean 4.2 with your Samsung galaxy S3.